RULES AND POLICIES
The Abington Junior Comets belong to the Northern Area Junior Football League, NAJFL. We follow the NAJFL league rules for both football and cheerleading. Go to www.najfl.homestead.com for more information about our league.
1. NO smoking on any part of school property at both home and away games.
2. NO animals (pets) are allowed at home / away games or at the practice field.
3. Jr. Comet game uniforms may NOT be worn to Abington Heights varsity football games or any other event outside Jr. Comet games. Football game pants are not to be worn to practice. If a child quits or is removed during the season, uniforms/equipment must be cleaned and surrendered immediately to AJC.
4. Football players and cheerleaders are expected to participate in all kinds of weather. If the weather is severe,we will be utilizing a “Hotline” phone number for weather cancellations. Call 586-7490 (after 4:30 PMfor practices) or check our website. If the weather is looking questionable, you will hear a message stating if practice or game is cancelled. Otherwise, all participants will be expected to arrive and participate as scheduled. The COACHES will dismiss children during inclement conditions while at games or practice. Children should be dressed appropriately for all weather conditions.
5. Any individual who issues this organization a check with insufficient funds will not be permitted to pay by check for any future payments. Only cash or a money order will be accepted. All returned checks are subject to a $50.00 charge and any additional bank fees. Reimbursement must be made on all returned check(s) or further legal action will be taken.
6. It is the responsibility of all participants and spectators to collect ALL trash and belongings after practices and games.
7. All families in our organization will be assigned to work the Concession Stand at least once during the regular season. If you cannot make your assigned date and time, you are responsible for finding a replacement and to schedule a make up date
8. All children not participating in the Jr. Comets organization must be under direct supervision of a parent or guardian at practice and games.
9. Coaches are available to discuss concerns before or after practice and games. Please respect their time with the children during practice and games.
10. Traffic patterns for practice at the Allied Services property are: Follow around the back of Allied’s building in one circular direction for all drop offs and pickups.There is no dropping off, picking up or parking in the loop in front of Allied or near Met Life. No parking on grass or roads or on the little road leading to the blue storage shed or on the stretch of pavement behind the POD and Pine Trees. If parking, please use the Allied parking lot to the side and rear of the building.
***Failure to comply with our policies will result with range of consequences, depending on the policy violation, severity of the infraction and repeat offenses.***