The Abington Junior Comets belong to the Northern Area Junior Football League, NAJFL. We follow the NAJFL league rules. There is a link to their website via the Jr. Comets website for more information about our league.
BOYS SHOULD ARRIVE TO PRACTICE WITH THE FOLLOWING UNLESS OTHERWISE POSTED:
- Helmet with colored mouth guard
- girdle with pads and cup
- practice pants with pads
- shoulder pads
- practice jersey over shoulder pads
- football spikes with socks
- NO Jewelry
- Arm and elbow pads are optional and are not provided. However, Battaglia Sporting Goods have a selection of these.
- mouthguard COLORED and must attach to helmet (no clear unless for orthodonics with a DR. excuse)
- Thermos jug of water with name clearly written (individual water bottles are not enough and do not keep cold)
- HELMET EYE SHIELDS ARE PROHIBITED (unless with a medical necessary doctor written permission)
- GAME UNIFORMS ARE NOT TO BE WORN TO PRACTICE, VARSITY FOOTBALL GAMES or any other event outside Jr. Comet games. If a child quits or is removed during the season, uniforms/equipment must be cleaned and surrendered immediately to AJC.
The Junior Comets provide players with: helmet, game pants, two game jerseys (home and away), shoulder pads, knee hip thigh tail pads.
Parents will need to provide/purchase:
- Practice pants with belt
- Practice jersey (for the first few weeks only then Jr Comets will provide a blue or white jersey)
- Mouth guard ( must be colored and able to attach to helmet)
- Girdle and cup
- Game socks
- Football cleats (no metal)
- **Bataglia’s Sporting Goods in Scranton can provide these items in a bundled package at a discounted price for the Jr comets.**
Age & Weight Limits:
Additional Questions please contact Dewey Petty @ [email protected]
Minimum age – Football 12 years old if born before May 1st
maximum age – football 14 years old if born on or after February 1st
maximum Weight – 155
Minimum age – Football 10 years old if born before May 1st
maximum age – football 12 years old if born on or after May 1st
maximum Weight – 135
Minimum age – Football at least 7 years old by **JANUARY 1, 2014**
**Please note, this is a change from previous years. This cut off
date is for 7 year old players only.
maximum age – football 10 years old if born on or after May 1st
maximum Weight – 110
* There is no minimum weight. Players are officially weighed in before the first game. Players at or exceeding the weight limit will be weighed before each game.